posted on December 30, 2012 14:57
With 2013 approaching, it’s time to be an even more skillful, creative thinker as you make plans for your life in the New Year.
The beginning of a New Year is very exciting because it feels like stepping into something fresh and new. You tend to dream more about what you want in certain areas of your life—what would make your life better.
The New Year is a mental and emotional “restart” button, a threshold to step over into the realm of new possibilities.
So here are 6 practices we follow, and believe will make your life even better in 2013:
1. List your accomplishments, blessings, and gratitudes during the past year; reflect on and celebrate them.
2. Identify the ones in #1 that are working in your life (in which you feel proud, happy, expansive, free).
3. Plan to do more of the ones in #2 in the New Year.
4. Dream a little – list activities/goals that would make your life even better in 2013.
5. Think about #4 consistently – stay focused on what you want to create, not on ‘what is’.
6. Say “Yes” to opportunities that will move you in the direction of achieving/experiencing them.
Recognizing that we’re very human, at times we may have feelings of doubt or fear. Here’s where skillful thinking comes in very handy:
[Read the rest of this article...]